Ans: Autoconfig is an ad utility which is used to main application environment and configuration files.
2. What are the parameter autoconfig will ask for?
Ans: Context file name and apps password
3. What is context file?
Ans: Context file is a central repository, which stores all application configuration information. The name is like
4. How you will find autoconfig is enabled/not for u r applications?
1. Open any env / configuration files, the first few lines will tell u that these files are maintained by autoconfig.
2. If contextname.xml file is there in APPL_TOP/admin
5. How autoconfig will create env and configuration files?
Ans: Autoconfig will go to each and every top template directory take the
templates from there and fill the values from xml file and create the required files.
6. In how many phases autoconfig will run?
Ans: Autoconfig will run in 3 phases.
1. INIT – Instantiate the drivers and templates
2. SETUP – Fill the template with values from xml and create files
3. PROFILE – Update the profile values in database.
7. What is the location of adconfig log file?
8. Is it possible to restore a autoconfig run?
Ans: Partially. Adconfig will create a restore script at
9. How to run autoconfig in test mode?
Ans: adchkcfg.sh script at AD_TOP/bin. This script will run autoconfig in test
mode and create the difference file which tells us what is going to change, when u actually run autoconfig.
10. How to find autoconfig is enabled or not for database?
Ans: If we have appsutil directory under RDBMS_ORACLE_HOME